Why Join the Cluj IT Cluster
The FAQ below aims at responding to most frequently asked questions while also providing some insight into what Cluj IT Cluster is really about.
What is Cluj IT Cluster?
Cluj IT Cluster is a cluster management entity, built on the quadruple helix model of the IT value chain (companies, universities and research institutes, authorities and other catalyst organizations and the community). Cluj IT facilitates and integrates the communication and collaboration among its members.
Why should I join?
Your organization will be exposed to a new form of collaboration that seeks and leverages the strategic alignment with other players in the IT value chain in order to build new businesses, increase opportunities and create business sustainability in our region. This is achieved through a tested environment which allows each member to identify its interests in relation with others in Cluj IT Cluster.
What are some of the direct benefits of members?
- Access to a network of IT companies, universities and public authorities in order to utilize in common resources, develop new projects, mitigate project overloads, accelerate market approach and influence public policies with the purpose of improving the IT industry’s value chain;
- Facilitated communication with other entities in the IT value chain;
- Access to the knowledge management platforms of Cluj IT Cluster and focused mailing lists, where they can follow their interests, from published opportunities to workgroup spaces.
Access to Services:
- Internationalization through relevant networking contacts for business and project development (matchmaking, consultancy, facilitation)
- Representation of interests in relation with providers of various services, products etc., public authorities (local, regional, national or European)
- Selection of tailored information relevant for your organization’s activity
- Matchmaking events with various types of potential partners: research teams from universities and institutes, foreign business delegations, members of other clusters
- Internally organized workshops and trainings
- Matchmaking for the participation in consortia for public funding
- Early information on funding opportunities available in EU and Romania
- Single contact point for various providers and possible partners
- Priority to all events organized by Cluj IT Cluster
- Promotion through Cluj IT’s communication channels (online, social media, conferences etc.)
What are some possible indirect benefits for members?
- Access to facilities obtained by various initiatives of cluster members
- Lobby delivered by Cluj IT Cluster with the purpose of shaping public policies and public financing opportunities with consequent potential benefits for members
What services does the cluster provide to members?
- Matching of project demand / overload with resources available in member companies (sharing resources)
- Project Management Office (PMO) – platform for large or medium scale projects where several companies / entities might be involved in order to provide an integrated approach towards their management
- Facilitation of high level international consultancy acquisition on product development and commercialization
- Facilitation of access to venture and other forms of capital
- Consultancy in the preparation of applications to EU and Romanian public funding
- Consultancy in innovation management, organizational development, in product development and commercialization strategies
- Monitoring of public tender opportunities based on member’s interest, in Romania and EU states and consultancy in preparation of offer submission, development of consortiums, litigations related to public tender
- Facilitation of internationalization – finding business opportunities through the Cluster’s partners, finding contractors
- Providing a channel for advertising and commercialization of member’s premium services and products
- Preparation of targeted economical delegations
- Consultancy for the management of events
How does the cluster work?
Facilitation of interest based interaction between various stakeholders along the value-chain of the IT industry is done under the framework established by the General Assembly of Cluj IT which translates into equal opportunities, fair treatment and positive action approach. Cluj IT Cluster facilitates the formation of working groups based on the strategic objectives of its members through which interested participants contribute towards the realization of a portfolio of applied projects and/or activities.
Whenever the case, intellectual property and business knowledge are protected through non-disclosure agreements. Working Groups are freely established by at least 3 member organizations of Cluj IT based on a common interest / project. Once the objective of the Working Group is achieved, the structure is dissolved or transformed into another one with a new objective. Typical Working Groups include: WG Human Resources, WG Brained City, WG Data Intelligence, WG Business Projects etc. The overall implementation processes are coordinated by the CEO of Cluj IT Cluster.
What types of projects does the cluster bring to its members?
- Large scale events such as Cluj Innovation Days – our annual conference promoting local IT companies & fostering international collaboration
- Innovative projects that combine various resources
- Human resources projects
- Business projects
- EU funded projects
What partners and bodies interact or are consulted by the cluster?
Cluj IT Cluster works and collaborates with a host of other organizations and bodies, from Romania and international, especially with those that have an impact on our industry’s value chain such as: governmental (e.g. Ministry of Information Society, Ministry of European Funds), regional and local authorities, European bodies, international organizations.
Why are we expected to pay for additional services although my organization already paid the annual membership fee?
Some services require specialized resources and/or expertise which the cluster needs to engage for their delivery. This is translated to costs that are not coverable by the membership fee you are paying. However, paid services provided by the cluster are generally more cost-effective than their price availability on the market.