The dynamics of transformations at European level, and not only, have generated the need for measures directly applied to all sectors. In this context, Cluj IT Cluster together with 7 other European partners laid the foundations of the GALATEA project – whose objective is to develop new value chains by integrating digital and aerospace technological capabilities in the maritime sector.
As a promoter of innovation, Cluj IT is an important pillar of Galatea project, through its activities facilitating the creation of emerging communities by stimulating the involvement of SMEs in strategic partnerships dedicated to piloting real solutions to real challenges identified among relevant end-users in the maritime field. Cluj IT’s contribution is complemented by the support services offered to SMEs, from technological expertise to the development of the business model.
GALATEA aims to allocate 2,9 million euros to SMEs as direct financial support while also completing it with consultancy services provided by consortium members and with other support activities.
Through the Blue Growth Accelerator, GALATEA will create the framework for high impact projects led by SMEs. Associated services provided by the participating clusters and/or through a voucher scheme will allow beneficiaries to finance the development of their ideas/projects addressing the challenges in the Smart Port, Smart Ship, Smart Shipyard and Maritime Surveillance domains.
The identified challenges are available HERE.
Who can participate?
- innovative SMEs from the Maritime (port, ship, shipyard, maritime surveillance), ICT, Aerospatial, Aeronautic sectors wishing to submit proposals related to Blue Growth.
- members of one of the GALATEA consortium clusters or established or with a branch office in the GALATEA territorial scope (France; Greece; Poland; Romania and Spain).
The European definition of SME can be found HERE.
Which are the voucher types offered?
- Development & technology transfer: Assess the transferability potential of some technology or know-how to another sector or solve a technical problem to enable.
The maximum amount for this voucher is 20K euro/ SME for the cost of external expertise.
- Prototyping: Develop cross-sectoral/- cluster/- border prototype of a new or improved technology, service, product, or production process.
- Large-scale demonstrator: Demonstrate cross sectoral/- cluster/- border solutions in large-scale operational environments
The financial support is up to 60.000 € per SME if you apply in a consortium of at least two SMEs to develop your prototype or demonstration projects.
The project, through its partners, offers consulting services to SMEs interested in 4 areas:
- Business model elaboration: Support on business model assessment to ensure proper planning set, alignment with market requirements and conditions, etc.
- Technology expertise: Support on technology potential for given markets
- Internationalisation: Support on international diffusion of beneficiary/ solution to develop new business, to participate in matchmaking sessions and implement actions to maximise collaborations.
- Funding Opportunities: Support on exploring funding opportunities suitable to the SMEs’ mission and needs and on developing and submitting proposals to funding schemes.
Cluj IT will offer support on business model elaboration and technology expertise.
Application can be submitted HERE until 31st of March 2021, 17:00 CET.
Note: Only applications submitted via the e-portal will be evaluated.
For additional information do not hesitate to contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or to visit the project website: https://galateaproject.eu/innovation-support-call/