More than 3 Million EUR will be available as direct financial support to innovative SMEs
Cluj IT Cluster stays true to its mission of creating an enabling ecosystem which allows for the development of innovative solutions and software services and products, with high value added, through:
- close collaboration between the cluster’s members and with external partners,
- exchange of knowledge and ideas,
- public-private partnership and support of research.
Our efforts are calibrated so that they generate benefits across ecosystem organizations and with impact upon the society as a whole. This goal requires focused actions in identifying opportunities and resources necessary for real impact, in the real economy.
One of the paths chosen by Cluj IT Cluster was to join forces with partners from Bulgaria, France, Italy, Austria, Poland and Spain, to set up 3 EUROCLUSTERS, in order to help in the implementation of the European Commission’s New Industrial Strategy for Europe for building resilience and accelerating transition to green and digital economy. Over the course of the projects, more than 3 million euros will be disbursed as direct support for European innovative companies in key sectors interested in uptaking or deepening their digital transformation.
Cluj IT is a partner in three Eurocluster initiatives, which are part of a complex network of 30 Euroclusters, active in various sectors.
DESIRE Eurocluster – Development of E-Health Solutions Improving Resilience in Europe
Mission: addressing challenges the SMEs face when accessing the European e-health and digital health market, in order to build resilience and facilitate the green and digital transition.
The DESIRE Eurocluster partners are: ICS INTERNATIONALISIERUNGSCENTER STEIERMARK GMBH Austria, HUMAN.TECHNOLOGY STYRIA GMBH Austria, ASSOCIATION EUROBIOMED France, CLUJ IT Cluster Romania, INTERIZON Pomorski Klaster ICT / Pomeranian ICT Cluster Poland
The project budget includes direct support to SMEs for a total of 1,05 M EUR. The planned activities contain an open cal dedicated to SME projects in the following intervention fields:
- product innovations to reduce dependency on critical inputs and technologies in the Euroclusters’ value chains with a view to introduce new-to-firm products or services,
- business process innovations tied to the adoption of technologies that help SMEs meet requirements for their successful green and digital transitions,
- internationalisation towards specific third countries.
DREAM Digital Resilient Europe for Advanced Manufacturing on Digital and Smart Manufacturing
Mission: to support the adaptation of digital technologies and processes, for greener and more digital manufacturing companies.
DREAM is coordinated by Secured Communicating Solutions (SCS) CLUSTER France and includes Pôle MecaTech France, G.A.C. Group France and MESAP Italy and CLUJ IT Cluster Romania, from the information technology field.
The main objective of DREAM will be to build resilience and accelerate the transition to the green and digital economy, to initiate, develop and maintain an EU-level long-term strategic partnership between companies (SMEs) from the digital ecosystems and the manufacturing domain.
The aim is to stimulate innovation for strategic autonomy to build capacity in the digital ecosystem, reinforce transformation into a greener and more digital economy by deploying technologies and processes from the digital ecosystem into the manufacturing sector, to foster up- and re-skilling of the workforce in this ecosystem, to boost access to global supply and value chains.
Deploying a cascade funding budget of 1,05 M EUR, the project DREAM activities include:
- a cascade funding mechanism for innovation vouchers, to support the deployment of 35 projects from digital ecosystem into manufacturing context, for more digitalized sector, with a focus on efficient management of resources.
- consultancy services related to internationalisation for the SMEs receiving funding
- training for upskilling/reskilling of cluster managers.
RE-CENTRE – cRoss-sEctoral Cluster approach for higher CompEtitiveNess through digiTal, gReen transition and rEsilience
It is one of the 10 cross-sectoral Euroclusters co-funded by EISMEA under the Single Market Programme.
The mission of RE-CENTRE is to support SMEs from the 3 sectors involved – furniture-interiors, IT and energy – in developing new business models and innovation projects for being more competitive and resilient.
With a cascade funding budget of 1,05 M EUR direct support to SMEs, the planned activities include:
- Open Call Vouchers for Innovation! —> 20 collaboration projects to be funded (min. 40 companies) for innovation on digital and green topics – allocated budget of 1,04 M EUR
- Vouchers for internationalization! —> 40 SMEs to be supported exploring Mexico and Chile through b2b meetings – allocated budget of 10 K EUR
- Training sessions for clusters and SMEs staff for upskilling
In these 3 initiatives, Cluj IT Cluster’s role and contribution span over the entire range of euroclusters’ specific topics:
- Network for resilience to improve the resilience of the EU industrial ecosystems by developing value chains interlinkages in the EU Single Market;
- Innovate for strategic autonomy to build capacity in the most critical supplies and technologies of their ecosystems;
- Adopt processes and technologies to reinforce transformation into a greener and more digital economy;
- Train to foster up- and re-skilling of the workforce whilst attracting talents;
- Go international to boost access to global supply and value chains.
Find out more about initiatives and news from the Cluj IT community.